Tuesday, August 11, 2009

2 Months Till 26.2 Redemption

Only 2 more months till Chi-town. I'm ready to make up for all my horrible marathons. Training has been going great so far. Knock on wood that it continues.

I'm really good at making my own rules. I figure that since i'm not doing any track workouts, i'll use my Tuesday "buddy" runs as a way to improve my speed. While I probably should have done something like sprint for a few minutes and go easy for another few minutes, tonight I just went running as fast as I could around Lake Merritt. I went out fast, probably slowed it down unintentionally 2/3's of the way, and then sprinted like a mo-fo to finish. I sprinted so hard that my deep breathing automatically turned into deep panting. It's been a while since I pushed myself that hard. I finished the 3.2 mile run in 27:33 (8:36/mile).

No comments: