There's definitely been too much "just my luck" this past week. Tonight was another one. I was all ready to get in one long swim before 70.3; however, when I got near the swim center, I couldn't believe it was packed with cars and not a parking space in sight. I eventually found a spot and when I approached the door, I could hear air horns and lots of cheering. Great...it was a swim meet. I had already stuff a cliff bar in my belly and really needed to burn it off.
I quickly got home, switched to my cycling gear and headed out towards Danville. I got a total of 12 miles in, but I definitely pushed myself to go faster. Strangest thing is I rode past a school's swim center and they were also having a swim meet. I must have missed the memo that today was swim meet. I'm a little bit bummed I won't be able to get a long swim in before 70.3. Reason is i'm going Road Trippin' starting this Friday and am not sure if I can get a swim in. I might bring the swim gear along and see if I can swim at the hotel. I'm definitely packing the run gear.
Speaking of run, I ran 4 miles yesterday in Alameda. It went well. I'm pretty much in taper mode now and saving all I got before the triathlon in 11 days. My only goal is to be able to finish the thing.
I quickly got home, switched to my cycling gear and headed out towards Danville. I got a total of 12 miles in, but I definitely pushed myself to go faster. Strangest thing is I rode past a school's swim center and they were also having a swim meet. I must have missed the memo that today was swim meet. I'm a little bit bummed I won't be able to get a long swim in before 70.3. Reason is i'm going Road Trippin' starting this Friday and am not sure if I can get a swim in. I might bring the swim gear along and see if I can swim at the hotel. I'm definitely packing the run gear.
Speaking of run, I ran 4 miles yesterday in Alameda. It went well. I'm pretty much in taper mode now and saving all I got before the triathlon in 11 days. My only goal is to be able to finish the thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment